The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The order of Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My apologies if this has been answered already, but I've had a good look around and can't see it.

I have Omnifocus on my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. What I have noticed is that the order of my projects in the Project view on the iMac and MacBook Pro keeps changing. I have the list unsorted but I drag and drop the order into something that makes sense to me when I'm working. However, when I open up Omnifocus on the other machine, this order has been changed in what looks like a random order. I've checked that both machines have the preference set to unsorted, but projects just move around within the list.

Can anyone suggest what is happening? I assume there is a setting I can't see that is causing this. I've looked at the order and it isn't alphabetical or anything else I can see - due dates, etc.

Thanks,

Jack.

You know, I saw something like this when I upgraded to 1.9.3. I had never seen it before, but after upgrading to 1.9.3 it happened to me on both of my machines. Given I have my projects alphabetically sorted I just re-sorted each of them, and I don't know that I've seen it since, but it _did_ happen to me as well.

I remember one customer reporting something like this, but I was never able to get the problem to reproduce despite trying on multiple Macs. If it is something you're seeing happen regularly, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com; we'd love to take another crack at figuring out what causes this.

I have emailed in the symptoms. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Jack.

I also like to arrange projects manually in the sidebar and I have the same problem as you. The only solution I have found is to set up everything exactly as you want it and save it as a perspective, which you can set up to open automatically on all your devices (I think).

Ken, if you have this problem in a reproducible fashion (as it sounds like you do), you should definitely contact the Omni support group so they can have a look and maybe get to the bottom of this.