The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Toodledo or Tracks Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've done a fair bit of googling and searching, but I'm unsure if there is a definitive answer to this question.

I am considering purchasing OF after having used the trial, however one glaring problem for me is that I do not own an iPhone and am often away from my Mac or using a Windows PC when adding tasks is most urgent. I do have an Android phone however, and have found some very decent GTD apps that sync with ToodleDo or Tracks.

I did find an AppleScript for ToodleDo integration, but it does not look like it's being maintained anymore, and I don't use the US Date format which it apparently requires.

So really I'm just looking for some suggestions on what I can do here, if there is some other route that I am missing etc.

Thanks in advance!

Apologies, I seem to have posted this in the wrong forum. If a mod could move it to the correct one I would be greatful.

We are looking into ways to make OmniFocus accessible to folks that don't have an iPhone and/or Mac, but we don't have toodledo or tracks sync. There is a service called Spootnik that will sync OmniFocus with Basecamp, by 37 signals, if that helps.

If your primary concern is with adding tasks, OmniFocus for Mac does have a feature that can can receive and parse specially-formatted emails to add tasks to your database. You can then send yourself emails throughout the day; when you launch OmniFocus, they'll show up in the app.

The "Processing Mail messages into actions" help page has some info on setting the feature up - the support ninjas would also be happy to help. They're reachable by email or phone (800.315.6664).