The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Double-click for Focus in New Window gone? [A: v1.9 changed to Option-Double Click.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use this feature a lot to get from my Next Actions list to the project view, but now when I double-click a task, nothing happens.

Is it just me? I'm not sure it stopped working after an update, or just randomly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkri View Post
I use this feature a lot to get from my Next Actions list to the project view, but now when I double-click a task, nothing happens.

Is it just me? I'm not sure it stopped working after an update, or just randomly.
Try Option + Single Click. I think this changed with v1.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMM View Post
Try Option + Single Click. I think this changed with v1.9.
It did, but it is now option-double click, not single click. Or, right-or-control click and use the Focus in New Window option from the contextual menu.

Ah, great, that does the trick. I really should have looked at the release notes, it's clearly stated in there...

Thanks!

Would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for this.

For some reason, the option-double click doesn't always work for me (or it is slow to open the window). I usually right click and choose "Focus in New Window" but it would be great to get a keyboard shortcut.

Unfortunately there is not a version of option-command-R that opens it in a new window instead of changing your current window to the project view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukirk View Post
Would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for this.

For some reason, the option-double click doesn't always work for me (or it is slow to open the window). I usually right click and choose "Focus in New Window" but it would be great to get a keyboard shortcut.
I agree this would be very helpful, is there anyway to have the selected action in context view focus in a new window?

RobTrew's script almost does the trick
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...t=focus+window

Last edited by skillet; 2011-06-30 at 02:00 PM..

Sorry, late to the party here! In OmniFocus 1.9.1, we added a hidden default for this. You can install the 1.9.1 Sneaky Peek builds here.

To restore the old behavior (double-click to focus), open up Terminal and enter the following command:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus DoubleClickToFocusRequiredModifierKeyFlags -int 0

Hope this helps!

Thanks jbrown, I came across this the other day but then read "Sneaky peeks are not for the faint of heart!" and I got too scared.

Does running that terminal command in 1.9 work or is the point that you have to have 1.9.1 for that to work? I tried running it but I don't think it did anything.

Right- that command only works in 1.9.1. FWIW, we haven't come across any show-stopping bugs in the Sneaky Peeks, but it's totally understandable if you'd rather wait for the official update!

Sounds good I will likely give it a go, thanks for the post.