The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

amazon.com search box--temporary hang Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anyone else having problems with entering text into the main search box on amazon.com? When I try to do so, I get a temporary hang. What I mean is: each keystroke in the search box produces a spinning beach ball of death, and my processor usage spikes up to 100% (as measured by Menu Meters in the menu bar). OW hangs for about 10 seconds, then processor use drifts back down. Each keystroke in the search box does this; a short flurry of keystrokes produces a longer hang. Other actions on amazon, such as clicking links, are fine. I can't yet reproduce this on any other web site.

BTW, this is happening in two different installations, on two different computers (under two licenses). In both cases, I'm using OW 5.6.

--John

#1: iMac G5, 1.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 10.4.10
#2: PowerBook G4, 667 MHz, 768 MB RAM, 10.4.10

No problem here.

The current sneaky peek of 5.7 seems to fix this so far. In the release notes, toward the bottom, there's this note:

"First pass fixing a crash (or hang) on amazon, dynamic menus should no longer cause OmniWeb to crash."

It has worked here. Thanks.