The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Parent Action Does Not Show in Contexts: Contact Omni Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I cannot see the reasoning why parent items with completed children will not show up in contexts.

I have contacted Omni, who instructed me to make a plea with the forums if I thought this was an important fix.

Here is why hiding parent actions when all they have are completed children is not a good idea.

1. You loose the parent item.
2. Entire projects can become stalled because the user wasn't aware of all the parent items that need to be completed, because the parent items aren't showing up in the contexts.

My suggestion:
1. Parent actions with completed children should show up in contexts.
2. Create a filter for parent actions with completed children, so I can see all parent actions that either need more children, or need to be completed.

Contact Omni if you think this is needed.