The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Attachment size limitations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just tried to attach a 250KB dmg to a post in the OF Extras forum. The size limit for a dmg, or zip, or most files is only 97KB. Any reason for such a small size limit?

I think we're just using the default size vbulletin supports - I'll see if we can get that bumped up.

Yeah, those sizes were actually smaller than the size limit set for applescript files. They've been bumped up to match now. Hope this helps!

Well, the new limit is only 100KB which is just a 3KB bump from where it was. That would be huge for just an AppleScript. If you want to discourage sizable attachments I can live with it. The bulk of the 250KB dmg I was trying to post is a single file that is somewhat optional anyway. The important stuff is all under 50KB.