The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Block certain actions/folders/contexts from synching? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use OF at home and work (and on my iPhone), and usually need access to all of my data in both locations. However there are some items that I would rather not have show-up on my work computer, such as "Update Resume", and "Explore career opportunities in x industry", etc.

Is there way to stop certain data from syncing to a given client?

Is this a feature request?

At the moment, there's no good way to have only part of your data synced. To submit a feature request, use Help->Send Feedback.

If you don't mind having a subset of your data that won't show up in the same views as all of your other stuff, you could try putting the sensitive data in your Archive, which is not currently synced. You would have to open the Archive and view those projects and actions separately, however. Another route would be to make an additional user on your home machine, keeping the NSFW stuff there. In either case, you wouldn't be able to see a unified view, and you wouldn't have the sensitive material available on your mobile device. If the examples you provided are representative, it sounds like this might not be a deal-breaker, unlike, say, trying to keep your grocery shopping list in a separate database.