The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Auto-deactivate Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like for the 'auto-deactivate' feature that some of the 'shakes' have be implemented for the other activation methods too.

Specifically, I want to be able to use a 'pixie dust explosion' to locate my mouse cursor. I don't like shaking my mouse, but I have no problem hitting either one of the extra buttons on my mouse or hitting an fkey to do it. But, with Pixie Dust, using the keystroke just turns it on and i have to hit it again to disable.

For Pixie dust, go to the configuration pane and move the Wait X seconds for deactivation dial down to 0. That way, when you shake, you will activate it, but as soon as you stop, so does the pixie dust.

Does that achieve a similar effect to what you want?

Right, I know I can set 'auto-deactivate' on the 'shake' control. What I'm asking for is 'auto-deactivate' for the other activation methods (keystroke and mouse button).
I do not like using 'shake' controls, so I would rather have Pixie Dust activated via a keystroke for 1 second (and I could map the keystroke to a mouse button).

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-caiver
Right, I know I can set 'auto-deactivate' on the 'shake' control. What I'm asking for is 'auto-deactivate' for the other activation methods (keystroke and mouse button).
I do not like using 'shake' controls, so I would rather have Pixie Dust activated via a keystroke for 1 second (and I could map the keystroke to a mouse button).
Fair enough request. Looks like you have a vote in our database for this already if anyone else would like to see this feel free to send us feedback via the help menu!