The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Tickler Context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been lurking around for a while but haven't posted anything as of yet. I wanted to share this best practice I posted on my blog the other day.
By creating a context called Tickler, I can leave little digital notes to myself and assign them specific due dates. Then, thanks to perspectives, the notes disappear until the day I need the information. So far this system has worked immaculately AND it’s good for the environment!
Any thoughts or better use ideas?

Why not just put them in the appropriate project or single-action container and then set the start date to the date on which you wish to be reminded? That's what I do, and when the start date arrives, the action turns up in the appropriate context. If it's a project that I wish to put in my tickler, I set the project start date to the appropriate date.

Or, alternatively, put them in iCal as all-day events.