The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync - timed out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As of today, after adding a few (less than 10) contexts with geo locations, I now get a timed out notice any time I try to sync. My Omnifocus is synced to MobileMe iDisk, I'm currently using my WiFi network, and I'm having no trouble syncing other MobileMe content on my iPhone and I am able to directly access my iDisk from my Mac (and therefore my WiFi network).

I looked and my OmniFocus.ofocus file/package is 190K.

Any thoughts?

I'm having the same problem.

I couldn't access my iDisk through Finder a few minutes ago, looks like MobileMe is back to being a MobileMess again...

/I'm getting cranky

If it makes you feel any better, I saw this too today, and am inclined to agree that it's MobileMe's problem.

I can access my iDisk fine, but I keep getting the time out error when syncing OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I saw this too today, and am inclined to agree that it's MobileMe's problem.
What I'm seeing, however, is a primarily timeouts with OmniFocus (mostly iPhone, but also Mac) when syncing to the iDisk. I have noticed zero problems when directly accessing iDisk from the Finder (including a direct copy of the Omnifocus.ofocus file). There's something related to OmniFocus and iDisk or maybe just OmniFocus on the iPhone (can't tell) when it comes to iDisk.

Incidentally, all my tests are on a very fast WiFi (where the same network is delivering excellent performance to the Mac mentioned above).

While it might be easy to just blame it on MobileMe iDisk, I'm not quite convinced. It might be worth looking into, seems like there's something with the read/write method that's not optimized for WebDav or something. During the same time period that I'm having OmniFocus trouble, I'm using iDisk for other tasks without problems. I don't have a mirrored iDisk so it is remotely accessing it from my Mac.

Last edited by gregz44j; 2008-07-17 at 08:22 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregz44j View Post
What I'm seeing, however, is a primarily timeouts with OmniFocus (mostly iPhone, but also Mac) when syncing to the iDisk. I have noticed zero problems when directly accessing iDisk from the Finder (including a direct copy of the Omnifocus.ofocus file). There's something related to OmniFocus and iDisk or maybe just OmniFocus on the iPhone (can't tell) when it comes to iDisk.

Incidentally, all my tests are on a very fast WiFi (where the same network is delivering excellent performance to the Mac mentioned above).

Might be worth looking into.
I've got a relatively small OmniFocus file -- I just started using it. I tried syncing from my Mac to iDisk, but got a timed out message. Then I tried broadcasting my settings to iPhone, but it also timed out. Finally, I tried emailing my settings to my iPhone. I got the email on my iPhone, clicked on the link, and got a timed out message. Do ya think this is all part of the same problem? I just now emailed tech support, cuz no one here seemed to have an answer. Sigh. I really am looking forward to using this software.