The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The document could not be saved Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
And I really need to stress that the whole idea of having to save before being able to hear what I just recorded seems extremely badly thought out.

You don't have to. You only have to save it if you want to listen with another application. That shouldn't be a surprise!

If you want to listen to your recording without saving, click the arrow on the left end of the row, and you'll get a set of playback controls.

So when you do a recording, it's saved to the desktop until the OmniOutliner document is saved. Are you able to play this .mov file by opening it directly from the desktop?

Found another issue that appears to be related. This time it's a pop-up alert dialog.

*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: OmniOutliner Audio Recording Temporary File.mov)

If I had to guess, the problem is most likely simply that the program is using the wrong path to access the file.

This audio file does not exist on my desktop.

What's your computer account setup? Is this a local or network account?

Go to OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> Sound Capture tab. At the bottom there is option to choose the temporary recording folder. Double check that's pointing to the same desktop folder that you're actually using. If so, try setting it to another location and see if that helps.

I do not see any audio controls other than the arrow one when I hover over it.

That's unfortunately a drawing bug. Try again with a new file.

I am not using any network servers. This is a home machine.

Something else odd in your screenshot, you have a blank document icon. If you save a new file (obviously without an audio recording) does it show up with the OmniOutliner icon?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-10-07 at 2.09.20 PM.png
Views:	399
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1108  

With just a simple recording, and a new document, I still see nothing.