The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Portable OO3? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use oo3 for most of my work, but have discovered that my school doesn't have it installed on any public computers.

Is there a way to run a portable version on a flash drive? I'd even be willing to pay for a second (student) license if I had the ability to carry the program around with me, even when I don't have my computer handy.

The 3.9 betas use a 2-week trial mode now so you could use that without a license. Also, if you have your own account you log in with on those computers, you could carry a copy of the license file with you and install it on that computer as a Personal type license. You must be the only one who has access to the license on the computer/network for this to be within the licensing terms though.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.