The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Discontinuous tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Task splitting is being worked on right now for OmniPlan 2.0. Thanks for all the votes everybody!

The corollary to this is being able to assign a staff resource by amount (e.g. 40 hours of Tim) rather than a continuous level of effort. make sense?

Hi!

Please add my vote too (if that's any use now that it's being worked on..)

I have a question regarding the planned implementation. I never used Microsoft Project so I don't know how task splitting works ... but what I'd like is the leveling function to be intelligent enough to optimize 2 overlapping tasks as such, when needed (ex : especially if some other tasks are depending on task2 to start) :

task1 : ---------------
task2 : --

result: 11112211111

is this the way it will work ?

thanks!

Registered just to say thank you for working on this feature as this will certainly improve the usefulness and accuracy of my planning. Keep up the great work!

Me too!

I just figured out that this feature was not in Omniplan, which makes it almost useless for my needs. Just to clarify, I need to be able to assign actual hours against an actual task for an individual so that it reflects what they were working on that week. Guess I'm going to have to import the project into MS Project for now. Yuck! I am relatively experienced with MS Project and it really sucks!

+1

Thanks...

+1 for splittable tasks.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirl View Post
The latest update on this feature is that it is planned for OmniPlan 2.0 and we'd like to have OmniPlan 2.0 out some time in 2009, but currently we don't have an estimated release date.
Any word on this? It's make or break for me too. Please add my vote!!!