The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HELP! OmniFocus randomly deleted Work Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello everyone!

Well, my ever so trusted OmniFocus has officially failed me. Get to work this morning and start my usual routine of sorting my main inbox into my Work Inbox and Personal Inbox. These are two single-action lists that I use to keep my main inbox clear and quickly separate personal items from work ones.

All went well for the initial sorting from my "Sort Inbox" perspective, which just displays my main inbox and these two lists. Checked email, worked on Facebook (no, really), and came back to organize my necessary tasks for the day. For this I use a perspective that allows me to sort my Work Inbox into separate projects and lists that are already running, or to create new projects from items in my Work Inbox. One problem though... my Work Inbox is GONE, as well as nearly 15 or so items that I entered on my iPhone last night.

I double checked the perspective I was using, searched through all my other perspectives, restarted OmniFocus and my computer, searched on the search bar for "Work Inbox" and got nothing. This list has just fallen off into nowhere land! Why is there not an undo for this?!?!?

My backups from yesterday still have the Work Inbox but they are missing the items I added late last night before bed. HELP! I use this system to keep my brain clear, which means I don't remember what some of those items were!!!!