The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prevent actions from moving out of group when context is updated Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I group my actions by context. When I update an action's context, the action moves out of the context group and I lose sight of it, making it difficult to update other fields, such as due date. This is ok for use by a human, but I'm trying to write some macros with keyboard maestro which are impossible if the action moves out of its context group without the other fields being updated.

Long story short: is there any way to have items stay put in their existing groupings until the action is deselected or the clean up button is hit?

I've filed bug reports about this over the year as well. Annoying even when using it manually! Have you experimented with changing the order of the operations? If updating the context is the only action that causes it to jump out of the group, doing that last might provide a workaround.

Nearly every bug report I send in about the UI these days seems to elicit a "we're rewriting all of this for OmniFocus 2.0" response, which I interpret as "we aren't going to fix this in the current major version"—and it is anybody's guess as to whether 2.0 will have a similar bug because I doubt they are making a list of bugs to make sure the new version doesn't have.

Yeah the problem is that the keyboard combinations to get around this problem vary depending on how you sort; I'd need to write one macro for when the items are grouped by due date, and another when they're grouped by context. I guess that's just what I'll have to do, and remember which ones to use in which view.