The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Version 5 and 6 freezing with fontd process Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear sirs,

you are my last hope. Since Version 5 OmniGraffle is frozen each 3-5 minutes together with the fontd process. The bigger the graffle-file, the longer the freeze. The newest version 6.0.2 does the same. I love the software but this makes it unuseable and also the only reason I didn’t buy the upgrade for 6 yet.*

iStat shows that the fontd process causes the freezes. People on the net say it is because of font duplicates but there are none. Already have tested the OG6 freezes by creating another user in OS X.

Please find the attached console log screenshot. This message usually appears during the frequent fontd process amok run:
14.11.13 18:58:02,957 OmniGraffle[12339]: Can't read image from pasteboard: trying a temporary file "/var/folders/1t/6mvgmtx12bl2k2z8ltr1vh080000gn/T/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/image.eps" <1>: (null)

OG is permanently writing different vector images in there I drag & dropped from Illustrator into the canvas. Copy & Paste still does not work.** It even does when I didn’t open any graffle file and the Resource Browser is open rendering the thumbnail previews.

However, this topic is about the freezing and the console message above. Can anyone please help me?

* By the way: How do I upgrade to 6 if I bought 5 in the App Store?? Do I have a serial to upgrade manually?
** How come you don’t support copy & paste from illustrator?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2013-11-14 um 18.58.14.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	2947  

I fixed the freezes by disabling Versions in Mountain Lion for Omnigraffle. Seems as if by automatically saving a new versions also generates a Quick Preview that caused the Console errors and freezes.

defaults write $(osascript -e 'id of application "OmniGraffle"') ApplePersistence -bool no

Still I’d like to use OS X versions with large files. Please fix it.