The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Growl notification support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz
I mean, if nobody from Omni replies, it must be the case :)
I'm not sure if you're serious about that or not, so I'll respond as if you are.

The OG doesn't guarantee they'll read the entire forum. Actual bug reports, feature requests... although they can be discussed here, the official method of reporting them is to use the "send feedback..." option in the OW help menu. (Or us the omniweb5@ address [I think that's the address])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
(Or us the omniweb5@ address [I think that's the address])
I think they'd rather not get SP email at that address. The 'Send Feedback' gives you an email that begins with "omniweb-5.5-beta" and then some sort of code based on your license (which seems odd since it's placed in the subject automatically). Best to go with 'send Feedback'.

And they do in fact respond to this feedback; they just say that support for nonbeta apps is more of a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
I think they'd rather not get SP email at that address. The 'Send Feedback' gives you an email that begins with "omniweb-5.5-beta" and then some sort of code based on your license (which seems odd since it's placed in the subject automatically). Best to go with 'send Feedback'.
I just checked, I gave the correct address.

Quote:
And they do in fact respond to this feedback; they just say that support for nonbeta apps is more of a priority.
I never said nor implied they don't respond. I said the OG doesn't guarantee they'll read the entire forum. Whereas, they do say they read all email sent to omniweb5@.

Additionally, my statement was in response to a quote from a poster who was trying to imply meaning to a non-response.

Just trying to get the other member to send feedback ...

Both emails and forum posts are valuable feedback but as Forrest suggested, if you want to make sure the request is filed in the appropriate manner, email is the way to go.

I try to read all the forum posts, but I use it more as a gauge of how things are going and which of the known bugs/missing features are affecting people the most. I rarely enter a bug or a feature request from the forum (though I do think Troy does).

As far as Growl support goes, it seems unlikely in 5.5 since new features are on the bottom of the priority list but we might consider it for a future release. We are certainly not opposed to using 3rd party frameworks where it makes sense--for example, both OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner support LinkBack.

I find Growl indispensible when combined with the Hardware Growler.

That way it will immediately tell me when my network connection drops, a USB device gets connected or disconnected, my IP address changes, a drive has been mounted and so on.