The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updating with Synced data - sloooow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorcork View Post
One good thing: You don't need to keep the screen from going blank. The phone does not really sleep, it just blanks out the screen. OF continues to work with the blank screen!
Well, that is only a very tiny 'good' thing. :confused: It's like a cold shower, which doesn't turn warm untill you've long gone and already on the bus. Very unusefull IMHO.

I want to second this thread. On my iPhone, OF is very slow both to load initially (sometimes 2-3 minutes to load) as well as to load synced data (another 2-3 minutes). The actual syncing to the WebDAV server is very fast over wifi (<1 min) but not worth waiting for over EDGE (several minutes).

Basically, I end up not using OF on iPhone too much, partly because it's faster to whip out my laptop than kick back for 10 minutes while OF loads, syncs, and re-loads.

Just repeating what has already been said but the incredibly slow load time for the iPhone app makes it almost unusable for me. I swear that several times it took so long to load that I forgot what I was going to put in!

It's really embarrassing when someone tells me something that I want to capture and I interrupt the conversation to wait for OF to boot up so I can transcribe the name of the restaurant or whatever it is that I want to write down.

If it wasn't for this the app would be darn near perfect. But right now, I would not recommend it to a friend.

Anyone from OG care to comment on this? Is there a solution in the works?

thanks,

pete

Thanks Quorcork

I didn't know this, that makes life easier:)

regards

Kiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorcork View Post
One good thing: You don't need to keep the screen from going blank. The phone does not really sleep, it just blanks out the screen. OF continues to work with the blank screen!