The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Bookmarklet & Gmail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

Has anyone else had trouble with the web bookmarklet with Gmail? I love hitting the OmniFocus button in my browser with Gmail, because Gmail provides bookmarkable links to messages. Unfortunately, with Gmail, for some reason, after clicking the bookmarklet, the browser screen turns all white, and I have to reload Gmail to get back to processing my inbox. This doesn't happen with any other web page, just Gmail. I suspect that there's some interaction with Gmail's javascript. Anyone solved this one?

Here's my bookmarklet:

javascript:window.location='omnifocus:///add?note='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&n ame='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

Which browser are you using? (I've tested it in OmniWeb and Firefox, thus far, with normal results.)

I'm using Chrome 8 on the Mac.

It does indeed look like it's broken in the latest versions of Chrome. I believe this is the root of the problem.
Rumor has it Chrome is working towards Services integration, though, so perhaps in the future we'll be there!

Actually, it's there now. Highlight the URL, execute your "OmniFocus:Send to Inbox" shortcut, and you _should_ be good to go.

Edit 2: And you can even select text, now, from the actual email. This is news to me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
Rumor has it Chrome is working towards Services integration, though, so perhaps in the future we'll be there!
Likely. They'll fit that code in the space they removed that was previously labeled "H.264 support."