The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync iCal events into OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It appears that Syncing between OmniFocus & iCal is only syncing the OmniFocus actions to iCal actions.

What I'd like to do is sync iCal events to OmniFocus.

The calendar is great for things / appointments that must be done at a time. However, I also have actions in OmniFocus that must be done by a date.

If I could sync iCal events to OmniFocus, then I could just look at OmniFocus for things that must be done, and not iCal & OmniFocus. I'd still use iCal for scheduling events, but having those events appear in omnifocus with start time and end times would be a nice way for me to view all must do's. And complete calendar events in OmniFocus.

Hopefully I'm missing something in the iCal sync. Anyone know if this can be done or if someone has written an applescript to do this?

Dude... this has been discussed no fewer than 100 times ;-)

Functionality's not in the product. Calendar and tasks are separate. Yadda yadda. Maybe there's a script; it would be in the extras forum most likely.

Well, if you can hang on a bit longer (exact size of that bit is unfortunately not known to me) the migration of Forecast mode to the Mac app should help out. Both iPad and iPhone implementations allow you to see the calendar events for the day you are viewing in addition to the tasks due and starting that day. I can't see why similar functionality wouldn't be incorporated into the Mac version. Would being able to see your calendar for the next 7 days be sufficient?

Thanks for the replies. I hesitated before posting because I know how much of a hot topic this is... and I searched before posting. But most of the posting was about syncing OmniFocus actions with iCal actions.

However, there is very little about getting iCal events into OmniFocus actions... importing, one way.

I looked in the Extras and someone had read my mind and created a script for it. A bit rough, but for the price it's not bad.

iCal Events to OmniFocus Actions

I'm using the ical buddy to sync my calendar events to my iphone because I use omnifocus for my personal but my company uses insightly which doesn't have an iphone app. Now I have it all :)