The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will Omniplan output to pdf or print [now available in v1.1] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniPlan for iPad v1.1 adds PDF export, as well as task and resource HTML reports. (We submitted it to the App Store last week, where it's currently waiting for Apple's review.)

If there are other reports you'd like to see, please let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
OmniPlan for iPad v1.1 adds PDF export, as well as task and resource HTML reports. (We submitted it to the App Store last week, where it's currently waiting for Apple's review.)

Lol that'll quieten down this thread somewhat!

Good call OmniGuys! Looking forward to it.

Quote:

Excellent news Ken. If I can get get what I need from the HTML reports then I'll be a happy camper.

Quote:

That's brilliant Ken, thanks. Begs the question why you couldn't just tell people it was that imminent, but it's good news anyway.

So that just leaves being able to see 99.9% of the plans that my customers send me by email, which are in MSP format of course. If it proves to be technically possible, is that planned for V1.X, or is it more likely to be a paid V2 feature?

I don't need to know when it's coming, just whether or not I'm likely to have to pay again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
That's brilliant Ken, thanks. Begs the question why you couldn't just tell people it was that imminent, but it's good news anyway.
I did try to indicate it was coming soon (putting that in the title of this thread, even!), but I also try to avoid getting too concrete about things until we've actually finished them: it's hard to know what roadblocks we might encounter, and in any case actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
So that just leaves being able to see 99.9% of the plans that my customers send me by email, which are in MSP format of course. If it proves to be technically possible, is that planned for V1.X, or is it more likely to be a paid V2 feature?

I don't need to know when it's coming, just whether or not I'm likely to have to pay again.
We feel that it is important to protect customers' investments in our software, which is why our paid upgrades are spaced years apart and give customers credit for their existing investment (with an upgrade discount which gives 50% or more of the app's previous purchase price).

We've had an independent team working on adding Microsoft Project import support to the iPad app for many months now, and we hope that it will be ready to ship soon. Customers who want that import functionality won't have to pay for a completely new v2 version of OmniPlan; we'll be adding it as an in-app purchase option so that existing investments in OmniPlan will be preserved. (We're planning a try-before-you-buy option, so you'll be able to test whether it works with your projects before you pay to import them.)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2012-07-04 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Added the first paragraph

OK that helps, thanks Ken.

Quote:
We've had an independent team working on adding Microsoft Project import support to the iPad app for many months now, and we hope that it will be ready to ship soon. Customers who want that import functionality won't have to pay for a completely new v2 version of OmniPlan; we'll be adding it as an in-app purchase option so that existing investments in OmniPlan will be preserved. (We're planning a try-before-you-buy option, so you'll be able to test whether it works with your projects before you pay to import them.)
Now *that* is excellent news, for which many thanks (and an acknowledgement that you can't be specific about delivery dates with software).

It would be nice to know whether you have in mind some kind of "export to Microsoft Project" function.

Thanks again

PDF Exports, HTML Report Exports, and AirPrinting support are now available on the App Store in OmniPlan for iPad v1.1. Happy updating! :-)

http://www.omnigroup.com/download/ap...omniplan-ipad/

Well I just read about this - and purchased Omniplan for iPad because of this functionality being added. Must say you did a great job of it... Gantt to HTML would be cool - is that likely at some point?

And the import from MS Project sounds great too... Please consider adding the ability to export to Project also - since a lot of my colleagues use that exclusively and it would be great to be able to share my plans with them.

Happy to pay IAP for this kind of functionality to be honest - its great you guys support your products so well.

Thanks to all of you - appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

So all we now is sync between Omniplan for iPad and Omnifocus for iPad ...

Omni plan for planning and scheduling, Omnifocus for checking todos and capturing actions.