The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Box with Underline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using OG Pro 5.0

I want to create a shape which is simply a text box with a single border line on the bottom. I see shapes with the line on top and bottom, and brackets.. but just a line on the bottom.

I've tried to create my own custom shape, but it seems that the stroke wants to do all sides, which makes sense. And when I try to combine a simple line with a text box, it doesn't allow me to add it as a custom shape.

The reason I want this shape, is that it would be very helpful when I do a table. I've spent a long time trying to make this happen, and I know it must really be a 5 minute problem.

Please advise...

Thanks,

Joe

I'd suggest using the "Line" shape in the Lines and Shape Inspector (it's the last shape available in the lower palette), and then setting the Y offset percentage to -20% in the Text Inspector, that winds up getting what you might be looking for.

Hope that helps,

That didn't work so well. It would be great if I just needed an underline text shape. But the problem is that the line is centered in the bounding box, so when I create a table, the line is centered in the cell and not at the bottom.

The shape that has the line on the top/bottom is great (except for the line at the top part...lol) Can I edit that shape somehow?

Thanks again,

Joe