The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

flag behavior Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This seems small, but is actually pretty annoying.

When you click a flag in Omnifocus to make it go away, instead of the flag disappearing, it stays there until you move the cursor off of it. I've found I'm often toggling flags a couple of extra times because they don't just disappear immediately like they should.

Weirder, if you leave the cursor there, a little tooltip will appear telling you it's either "flagged" or "unflagged". My cursor didn't show up in the attached screenshot, but picture it hovering right over the flag (having just "unflagged" it).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-03 at 8.16.50 PM.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1656  

Last edited by avandelay; 2010-11-03 at 04:20 PM..

All the fields of a task, other than the repeating icon, work that way when the pointer is over the row of a task. There are actually three states, assuming the fields are not set or do not contain data. If the cursor is not over the row, the icons are not displayed at all. If the cursor is moved over the row, but not over a specific icon, all icons are displayed in a light gray. If the cursor is moved over a specific icon (flag, time estimate, note) the icon changes to a medium gray. When the fields are set or contain data, there is a fourth state, the flag icon is orange, the note icon is dark gray, etc.

Yeah, I see that. That "dark grey" state just doesn't read to me as different from orange without close scrutiny. I have some color vision deficiency -- not severe, but I don't think red "pops" as much to me as for other people. About 8% of the male population has some form of this by the way.

The light grey is distinct enough because it's so light. I just question the need to have that dark grey state at all. If it's off, it's off. Revert back to the light grey that the rest of the "off" icons have in that selected row. No need to muddy it with another state. Using, say, Gmail's stars (among many others) you see the right behavior. There are two states. No need for more.

I understand the idea of the light grey only showing up when a row is highlighted -- that makes sense for decluttering the interface -- but the dark grey serves no purpose except to muddy the visual distinction between "on" and "off".

The grey "highlighted but not clicked" color is intended to help folks discover that the element is actually clickable...

I'll file the color issue as a bug, though; if those changes aren't visible enough to be easily noticeable to you, that's likely the case for other folks, as well. Appreciate the heads-up!