The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SP 7 "Download Page to Desktop" no worko Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me???

Couldn't find anything in release notes or on the forum...

When trying to "Download Page to Desktop" nothing happens.

"Download Page as..." works fine.

"Download Image to Desktop" also works fine.

(Submitted as feedback as well.)

Regards,
Maurice (I don't do no steenkin' smilies)

You're right; same here.

Hello,

I sent the following as a private message to "afb" -- should have posted it here:

Quote:
I got a note from Troy@omni who said that the only known problem with this was caused by Speed Download being used. I'm not using it... are you?

Regards,
Maurice
To which "afb" replied:

Quote:
Nope.

By the way, not that I'm complaining about the PM, but I think this sort of thing should be posted in the forum so that it bumps the topic and hopefully someone else sees it.

Incidentally, it's downloads to your downloads folder, which isn't necessarily ~/Desktop. I don't have it set to that, and it doesn't work here.
Regards,
Maurice

I think I found the problem. Take a look in your root partition (/); you should find all the pages you tried to download in this way there.

In case it might be worth mentioning, my downloads directory is not ~/Desktop nor in my home folder; it's on a separate partition (and hard disk).