The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is there a way to see when a repeating action was last completed? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz1 View Post
This is a very helpful tip - definitely a quicker and easier way to see when an item was last done. One drawback: it's not editable. So, for example, if I do recurring action X on Monday but don't get around to marking it completed until Tuesday, OF will think that it was done on Tuesday, not Monday, and there doesn't appear to be any way (that I see) to change this. This was something that my former task manager (Ecco, a great, but orphaned, Windows program) handled really easily because the Completed box was itself a field (of type date). Not that I'm putting OF down - I am really liking it on many many levels (and still learning its tricks) - but this is just a function that I made use of a lot in Ecco and have been missing in OF.

thanks for the suggestions,
Abe Z.
You can edit the completed date and time of an item-just select the completed task and bring up the inspector or display the completed column in the tasks view. Changing the completed date will not, however, change any of the dates on the task that was created when the last occurrence was marked completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Do the following menu selections produce a view that would help you?

View -> Context Mode
View -> Sidebar Filter -> All Contexts
View -> Grouping -> Completed
View -> Sorting -> Completed
View -> Availability Filter -> Completed
View -> Status Filter -> Any Status
That's fantastic. Thank you. This perspective is so much handier to me than the one that comes with the desktop app, plus the fact that this one syncs to the iPhone, that I wonder how omni is choosing what perspectives ship with the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
That's fantastic. Thank you. This perspective is so much handier to me than the one that comes with the desktop app, plus the fact that this one syncs to the iPhone, that I wonder how omni is choosing what perspectives ship with the application.
Are you using the 1.8SP release? The default context for the Completed perspective in the sneaky peeks has changed to what Brian posted. If you are using 1.8 and it is not set to the above, show the perspectives, select Completed, click on the gear icon, and select 'Revert Perspective to Default Settings'.