The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OmniOutliner 4 upgrade pricing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I will say that anyone purchasing OmniOutliner 3 at this point will receive a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4.
Hi Ken that's good news, I can now jump in and buy a few of your products (via your multi-deal discount).

Could you confirm if you plan just one version of OO4? don't want to be paying extra for 'Pro' 3 if only one v4 to upgrade soon but if still to be two streams will go 'pro'.

Thanks

Olly
UK
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We typically don't pre-announce anything about pricing (because we don't decide on it until we know what we've built!), but I will say that anyone purchasing OmniOutliner 3 at this point will receive a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4 (whether they purchase through our online store or the App Store).
Just found this and it made my day! Desperately in need of an outlining solution and have been procrastinating the purchase for... years at this point, waiting for OO4. Will be buying OO3 today now that I know I'll get the upgrade too!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We typically don't pre-announce anything about pricing (because we don't decide on it until we know what we've built!), but I will say that anyone purchasing OmniOutliner 3 at this point will receive a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4 (whether they purchase through our online store or the App Store).
Thanks Ken, but how does that work with the two different versions of OmniOutliner currently in the App Store? If I buy the standard version now, can I still get an upgrade to Pro v4 from the App store when it is released?

If I have to buy like for like (i.e. I can only upgrade to Pro v4 if I own Pro v3) then I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't want to buy standard now and then find that I'm either stuck with standard or in for the full sticker price to get Pro v4. As you have probably guessed already, I want Pro v4 from the App Store the same day you put it there!

Love your work!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelemery View Post
Thanks Ken, but how does that work with the two different versions of OmniOutliner currently in the App Store? If I buy the standard version now, can I still get an upgrade to Pro v4 from the App store when it is released?

If I have to buy like for like (i.e. I can only upgrade to Pro v4 if I own Pro v3) then I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't want to buy standard now and then find that I'm either stuck with standard or in for the full sticker price to get Pro v4. As you have probably guessed already, I want Pro v4 from the App Store the same day you put it there!

Love your work!

We can not offer upgrades through the Mac App Store, so people who have purchased the standard version will only get the standard version of 4. However, we will be offering a way to register your Mac App Store copies with our store so you can purchase an upgrade through us. This will not give you the upgraded version on the Mac App Store though, so if you would prefer to stay with the Mac App Store, you will need to purchase the Pro version.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.
 
We can't offer upgrades from one app to another in the Mac App Store, but we can offer in-app purchases now—so we're exploring using an in-app purchase to let customers upgrade to Pro within the Mac App Store. (But we haven't made a final decision about this yet, since we're still exploring the possibility.)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We typically don't pre-announce anything about pricing (because we don't decide on it until we know what we've built!), but I will say that anyone purchasing OmniOutliner 3 at this point will receive a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4 (whether they purchase through our online store or the App Store).
I'm slightly confused... You've said recently that MAS customers would get a discounted price, but not free. Yet, two years ago, you said free. So, if you don't mind, can you clarify? I was considering buying OO, but, I really prefer MAS licenses (and, I'm careful to buy iTunes credits when best buy and/or Sam's club offers them at 20% discounts, so, it's that much cheaper for me to buy from the MAS :) )..... But, obviously, I don't want to lose out on the free upgrade either!

One other thing I noticed, you first offered OO3 on the MAS January 7... Why not just do a normal upgrade to v4 for *all* MAS customers? It's only a few months difference, and, given you're planning on offering upgrades for everyone who bought within the last two years or so, a few months can't make that much of a difference.. And, it would GREATLY simplify the ability of MAS customers to get the software upgrade with as little resistance as possible.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
I'm slightly confused... You've said recently that MAS customers would get a discounted price, but not free. Yet, two years ago, you said free. So, if you don't mind, can you clarify? I was considering buying OO, but, I really prefer MAS licenses (and, I'm careful to buy iTunes credits when best buy and/or Sam's club offers them at 20% discounts, so, it's that much cheaper for me to buy from the MAS :) )..... But, obviously, I don't want to lose out on the free upgrade either!
Sorry about the confusion, there's multiple issues in this thread but our plan has not changed. If you buy OmniOutliner 3 today, from our store or the Mac App Store, you will get a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4. What the MAS does not yet allow us to do is offer upgrade pricing to transition from the standard version to the professional version as they are sold as different apps. The free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4 will be to the same edition that you own of 3, OO3 standard > OO4 standard, OO3 Pro > OO4 Pro. We are looking into solving that by offering in-app purchase and we will also be offering a way to transition your MAS license to our store so you can upgrade that way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
One other thing I noticed, you first offered OO3 on the MAS January 7... Why not just do a normal upgrade to v4 for *all* MAS customers?
Where did we say we aren't giving all OO3 MAS customers a free upgrade?

Let me know if anything is still unclear. Thanks!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Where did we say we aren't giving all OO3 MAS customers a free upgrade?
So, just to ensure I understand... If I buy OO3 Pro in the MAS today, when OO4 Pro is released, I will get OO4 Pro from the MAS as an automatic update, as I would any other program? i.e. OO3 -> OO4 on the MAS will work the same as a normal update from OO3.x to OO3.x+1?

If that's true (i.e. that I'll retain my MAS license on both OO3 and OO4, without any additional cost), I'll buy it today.

Please let me know.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
i.e. OO3 -> OO4 on the MAS will work the same as a normal update from OO3.x to OO3.x+1?

If that's true (i.e. that I'll retain my MAS license on both OO3 and OO4, without any additional cost), I'll buy it today.
Yes, the MAS should just tell you there is a new version you can download. You will not be able to download OmniOutliner 3 after version 4 has been released though since it will be replacing it on the MAS.
 
I just tried to upgrade. I purchased OO3 pro from your web store june 2013. But I was unable to?
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OmniOutliner 3 bundle licenses upgrade-eligible? [A: yes] OmniDownUnder OmniOutliner 4 for Mac 1 2013-02-13 11:36 AM
OmniOutliner iPad international pricing Ross OmniOutliner for iPad 7 2011-07-15 12:35 AM
OmniPlan upgrade pricing? JonoWW OmniPlan General 2 2010-09-25 02:08 PM
Pricing Question? jpathomas OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 3 2008-06-23 05:16 AM
Upgrade OG 4 > 5 pricing daiyi666@yahoo.com OmniGraffle General 1 2007-11-30 11:23 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.