The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync with iphone, mac and idisk and losing date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm now a week into using Omni Focus and having major difficulty.:mad:
I have omni Focus on my 2 Macs. One at work and one at home. Syncing to my mobileme idisk is all fine and works as expected between the two.

Omnifocus on my iphone retrieves the data fine, however any changes made on the iphone and then synced (manually or automatically) causes problems. Once any changes are made on the iphone, I will always have a problem the next time I sync either of the two Macs. I get the message: "In order to display changes from the server database ...... some recently synced changes happened before your most recent local change"and then I lose all the changes made to actions by my iphone(ie date, completion etc), locally and on the server. However, recently added actions on my iphone sync no problem

This is frustrating as something that I hoped to make my life easier has now made it harder.

The last bit of that error message suggests that the last synced data of my iphone happened before changes made locally. This is not the case.

I hope this is resolved soon.

Last edited by corneliusw; 2008-07-24 at 04:36 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusw View Post
The last bit of that error message suggests that the last synced data of my iphone happened before changes made locally. This is not the case.
I've experienced data loss between iPhone and Mac as well... but the hard way: I didn't get any message that local changes were made.

I am using OmniFocus for iPhone 1.0.1 and the latest Sneaky Peek (Revision: 103149), syncing via MobileMe