The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus.ofocus syncing problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whenever my iDisk tries to sync my OmniFocus.ofocus file, my CPU goes through the roof and my system slows to a crawl. My fans speed up to full bore.

Can't seem to figure out why this is happening. Anyone have a solution that might help?

Happy to help out with this, but we're probably going to need to gather some information that's not going to fit well into a forum post. Can you do us a favor and send an email to the support ninjas so we can help you that way?

One thing that would be helpful to include in the email - are you referring to OmniFocus itself syncing data onto your iDisk, or Apple's "Local iDisk Syncing" process?

Yeah, don't do that :)

Seriously, you don't want the iDisk sync feature messing around with your OmniFocus database. If you want to have the iDisk sync feature running, you should configure OmniFocus to save the database in the Backup folder, which is not synchronized by iDisk. This offers multiple advantages: you don't have to worry about the iDisk sync corrupting your database, and you won't have the CPU/network load involved in syncing your database, which is actually a directory full of files, masquerading as a single file. (Do right-click or ctrl-click on the OmniFocus database file and select Show Package Contents if you want to see what's in there).

You can read more about the alternative location for your database in this thread.