The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide task until start date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This doesn't really deserve it's own topic, as I'm pretty sure I've seen it discussed here SOMEwhere. But "Search this Forum" and I can't seem to find it...

How do I prevent a task from displaying as 'available' until it's start date?

Each week, I take out trash & recycling, on Sunday afternoon. I DON'T want to look at the task (as active) all week; just starting on Sunday 12pm.

Help?

That is precisely how OF works for me. I have a bunch of tasks with future start dates, and when I set the filter to Available instead of Remaining, they all disappear.

It seems that tasks with future start dates aren't hidden when they aren't assigned to a project but only to a context. To avoid this for tasks like taking out trash I created a project "Housekeeping".

Weird one: deleted my "take out" and "bring in" trash/recycle tasks, re-added (from project window, but with an assigned context; thanks, Sven), and now they hide when I show available but show when I show all.

Solved!

Perhaps something changed between the version in which I created the tasks, and current (88316)? Other option; I created the first tasks as Sven described, but doing it right helps. I'll fiddle with it some more and send feedback.

Omnigods, please feel free to smite this topic.