The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Call for OmniGraffle stencil requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omnigraffle is good and, being a Mac user, there is no contest. However, I still have fond memories of SmartDraw - and I agree with another poster that I would love to import their clipart - or at least have a parallel set that I could use in Omnigraffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
As a user experience designer, I often use tools like Omnigraffle to mock up screens to show developers our direction on a new project. I'd love to see some iPhone stencils, as our company plans to develop an application with the forthcoming SDK.

*Keeping fingers crossed* :)
Agreed. A lot more UX design templates could be useful. Mobile / iphone UI stencils, General UI wireframe stencils are needed too. Most stencils are designed for windows 3.1 style applications or web 1.0 apps.

Since i've been focusing on mobile UX for last 6 years, I've got my templates sorted out, but unfortunately can't share them. :(

----------
www.idean.com

Hi,

I've been using omnioutliner for a while, and now I want to use omnigraffle to organize my notes regarding the research papers I've been reading. My idea is to be able to categorize the papers by the author, relate them with notes, introduce the most important abstracts, use colors to map which papers applies each methodology, etc...

Summing up, get a visual map of what I've been doing such amount of time to be able to plan my writting

Does anyone use some kind of stencil for that application?

cheers, sik

Hey... we all love Omni Graffle
we all want more stencils

I requested the following several years ago but it fell on deaf ears... perhaps now someone will either listen or instruct us all on how to do this ;-)

Smart Draw has some AWESOME stencil collections for EVERY occasion, event, project etc.

Wouldn't it be great if Omni Graffle could read the smart draw format and thus IMPORT any doc created by SmartDraw? Then we could at least have some form of getting at the stencil collection those PC users enjoy.

Secondly, I'd love to be able to import the Smart Draw stencils directly into Omni Graffle.... PLEASE

I spoke with the nice folks at smartdraw and they have no intention on creating a Mac version... so please get to it and put a bigger smile on our faces for v5.2 ;-)

How about working with the folks from Alitma Tech (www.netzoom.com) to integrate their stencils into OmniGraffle. Since the latest version will read standard VSS format (minus metadata) it should be too much of a stretch to make with work with OG. I'm in IT and use NetZoom stencils frequently!

I could use more furniture stencils - especially for Ikea and other european flat-pack manufacturers like Hettich and Furni. Kitchen cabinets as well would be useful as I'm designing my new house at the moment!

I'm looking for a stencil set with the common symbols for electrical wiring. Anyone know if one exists?

--Liz

Liz, is this what you're looking for?

I would like to see an ethernet bus symbol somewhere (commonly represented as a horizontal cylinder with a line through it containing several connector lines). I tried creating my own stencil using Omnigraffle itself but, it appears unable to handle connector lines unless they are attached at both ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyHead View Post
I would like to see an ethernet bus symbol somewhere (commonly represented as a horizontal cylinder with a line through it containing several connector lines). I tried creating my own stencil using Omnigraffle itself but, it appears unable to handle connector lines unless they are attached at both ends.
Likewise. I haven't found a good way of doing this yet.