The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Draw line on top of image? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-
I'm trying to draw a line on top of an image (screenshot) that I've imported, however, the line only appears outside of the image. More specifically, I'm trying to draw an arrow to a specific point on the screenshot and then have a callout box outside of the boundary of the image, but the arrow-line only appears outside the image rather than on top of it.

I've tried adding new layers and alternating the sequence of the layers (e.g., arrrow graphic as top layer, screenshot as 2nd layer), but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks much.

It sounds like you may have, perhaps inadvertently, connected the line to the shape. Is the line snapping to the center of the image before it disappears? If OG thinks a line is a connector, it stops drawing it at the edge of a shape. If the connection is intentional, this thread might be useful:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21168

If you didn't intend to connect the line to the image, try holding the option key while drawing or adjusting the line.

Last edited by john.gersh; 2012-01-27 at 04:56 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gersh View Post
It sounds like you may have, perhaps inadvertently, connected the line to the shape. Is the line snapping to the center of the image before it disappears? If OG thinks a line is a connector, it stops drawing it at the edge of a shape. If the connection is intentional, this thread might be useful:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21168

If you didn't intend to connect the line to the image, try holding the option key while drawing or adjusting the line.
Yep, that's exactly the problem. And holding the option key did the trick. Thanks so much!