The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Request - project sorting - manual, alpha etc. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use folders to cluster projects into manageable groups - I don't want creative writing projects mixed in with legal practice projects mixed in with critical writing projects mixed in with personal life projects. This solves the "subproject" problem or at least brings it under enough control for OF to be a good tool for me.
BUT I'd like to be able to impose further order on my projects within a folder. There's no easy way to do this. I can't drag them into the order that I want easily. I have to make them order themselves by dragging them in the reverse of the order I want up to the folder - the last dragged in becomes the top of the list, etc. It would be a nice start to have drag handles on the projects and nicer still to have a way to sort them into alphabetical or numerical or date created order at the touch of a button.
Stephen

Quote:
I can't drag them into the order that I want easily.
In Planning View, if you select Unsorted in the 3rd lozenge from the left, you can manually sort them by dragging in the side bar, dragging in the main window (I think you can click anywhere on the row to drag), or using the keyboard commands (u, d, l r or cmd-crtl-arrow-keys).

There's no auto-sort by alpha or anything, but there is this script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakwin View Post
...I'd like to be able to impose further order on my projects within a folder. There's no easy way to do this. I can't drag them into the order that I want easily.
Hmm. I can drag my projects into whatever order I like using the sidebar in Planning mode. I grab a project and move it where I want. If I drop it on another project, it becomes an action group, but if I hover between two projects, it places an arrow and line indicating where it will move. Release the mouse button and voilą, your project is where you want it.