The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature request: "On hold" status of individual items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Obviously there are a few ways to skin the cat. I still hold to the feeling that there should be some way to quickly flag items as "Waiting" (on "On Hold").

I want many of my Waiting items to appear as part of the project action list, not separate -- which OF allows, but with no . In my case, these actions are often due today (as in I need someone to call back today if I'm to meet a deadline), so I don't want to tuck them away for later review.
But I do want to be constantly reminded, as I scan the project's actions, that if these contacts don't get back to me soon, I'll need to hassle them before my deadline.

Ideally, "Waiting" items would appear in italics, so they are visually different from an action item that needs my input.

Perhaps a rule-based system for font characteristics would cover this off? As in <If context=Waiting, then text=red & italic> I think TaskPaper is going in this direction. It may add another level of complexity that Omni and many users don't want to be bothered with, but it would be a terrific customisation tool.