The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"me.com" requires authentication Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had OmniFocus(OF) for a while now (love it!). I have mobileMe to keep my iPhone and computer in-sync with OF.

I had a hard drive fail a while back, and since reinstalling OF doesn't seem to be storing my me.com password in my keychain properly. It's probably a problem with my Mac, not OF, but I'm not sure what to do because it keeps requiring my me.com password even though I've previously check off the remember in keychain option.

Now that I think about it, I feel like it happens after I restart my computer, but not between uses of OF if the computer stays on. (will check this an post results shortly)

Any thoughts? It's really a small issue, but kind of annoying none the less.

Last edited by dlolsen; 2009-08-03 at 01:50 PM..

Update:

Restarting did not trigger authentication for syncing with mobile me.

Now it really seems random why I should need to re-athenticate sometimes, and not others.

It seems to be happening completely independent of updates given that I have installed a couple since this first started happening. (yes I follow the prompts to change the keychain permissions upon update)

Stumped!

Last edited by dlolsen; 2009-08-03 at 01:50 PM..

There are a couple of suggestions here that may help.

Maybe the keychain is set to lock after some period of time passes, and that setting persists even across reboots? Barring that, a corrupt keychain entry would be my next guess. (The linked page should help with both those possibilities.)