The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Tasks from kGTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey All,

I threw together this script to grab the notes from imported kGTD tasks (repeating, of course) and set the repeat on the OmniFocus task. First time I've used AppleScript for a real task, and it's probably buggy as hell. I know it works for me, but I've only done it with newly imported kGTD tasks in OmniFocus. I don't have folder deeper than one level deep, either, so that may affect how well this script works.

Sorry for all the CYA... I just thought it might be useful to some of you out there until the kGTD import pulls in the repeating task info.

Hope you like it. Let me know if you have any additions that should be made. Oh, and run it on a copy of your database... I'd hate for you to lose your projects and tasks because of a bug in my code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip recur_tasks.scpt.zip (4.2 KB, 467 views)

Thank you for doing this. When I imported my KGTD file this morning -- the great invite just came yesterday in my case --, recurrence settings were transferred correctly, as far as I can tell.

(At least, when dragging actions to new recurring projects created within OF, I got a mismatch error, and on inspection found the original repeat settings to be saved along with the imported tasks.)

Klaus