The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

eBay & CNN.com want me to upgrade my browser Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For quite some time, every time I log into my eBay account (and at other times), a big yellow box announces ...
Message from eBay
To effectively use eBay, we recommend upgrading your Web browser. Benefits of upgrading include the use of the latest security updates and support of interactive Web features.
[ How to Upgrade ]
Similarly, the new video viewer at CNN.com want me to switch to Safari or Firefox.

I'm pleased to report I've made these annoyances go away by having OmniWeb 5.6 spoof as Firefox 2.0.0.4 (Mac OS X) at these two sites.

Last edited by Ward; 2007-10-05 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: fix typo

I've notice ebay does this with the Safari beta too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I've notice ebay does this with the Safari beta too.
Me, too. eBay have no problem with the old copy of OW (5.5.4) that I'm using.

That is quite interesting, considering that:

- I also have a problem with OW 5.5.4 at CNN -- they won't let me see anything --,

- I do not get the "browser update" message,

- uploading pictures fails with OW 5.5.4 when preparing an eBay auction, although it did work with Safari (latest publicly available beta).

Flabbergasted,

I would use the per-site browser spoofing to get around that issue. If they don't want Safari 3 beta in, they may have a real problem with webkit used in Safari 3 (and Omni), keep that in mind too.