The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF keeps asking for permission to use keychain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hey.

I have a webdav server set up on my Mac, running the latest update of Leopard. I use it to sync my OF (on the same Mac) and my iPhone, on my wireless lan. The synching works great, generally, a little slow sometimes but my database is rather large.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the Mac to stop nagging me when OF wants to access my login keychain, where the creds for the webdav server are. I want OF to be able to use my keychain without asking me for permission. It's preventing me from being in sync when I walk away from the Mac, and it's a bit of a pain - I have to auth several times a day. The iPhone never has any such trouble.

I've searched the forums about this, and I've tried everything I could find, and everything I could think of.

- Keychain first aid, resetting so that the keychain never locks (keep login keychain unlocked)
- deleted the entry from my keychain and recreated it.
- confirmed that the Keychain settings are in order - none of them are set to lock.
- configured the keychain entry itself to allow unrestricted access for all applications

Has anyone else experienced this? I honesly don't know whether my problem is in OmniFocus - I'm more inclined to think it's something I've missed with the keychain, but I'm at a dead end. Any hints?

Thanks!