The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

utterly frustrated with magnets Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apart from the issues with resizing a vertical box with magnets in a sequence diagram and having the magnets move with it, there is yet another *really* irritating bug/feature.

Why is a magnet on one side of the box linked to a magnet on the other side? I am moving magnets around on the right hand side, and all of a sudden lines that were connected to the left suddenly move around and link to the right? HUH?????

Not only that but when I try and place magnets on grid line intersections, if it is close to where one of the automatically placed magnets used to be (I deleted them because they were pissing me off with the cross-side linking), it jumps BACK to the place where the auto-placed magnet would be and displays those blule guide lines - which is NOT where I want to place it.

The magnets are a great feature, but their "usability" makes me turn them off and just draw lines where and how I want them because the UI is ignoring me.

Utterly frustrated with an otherwise great product

Chris