The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iDisk conflicts, Old Files on iDisk Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using desktop and iPhone software syncing via Mobile Me. Frequently I get iSync conflicts on the desktop, asking which of two files to choose--local or Mobile Me. I seem to have read something about this before and there was a recommendation to ignore the messages, but that doesn't work since they keep coming back. Sometimes the conflict files are older databases.

On the iPhone I am frequently told that the file cannot be synced and I am asked to choose between server or local copy. This always seems to happen when I have been doing some work on the iPhone and come to sync back to base.

I notice that on my iDisk I have multiple copies of the database with dates going back to October. Some are mac.ofocus and some local.ofocus. Obviously these are still syncing between Mobile Me and my computer, although I suspect they have nothing to do with the current OF database. Is it safe (and desirable) to delete these old databases.

All the software is the latest version but I have not yet installed this week's update to OS X. This, I know, addresses some Mobile Me issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the thread you're looking for.

Folks have recently been saying that telling OmniFocus to sync to a location in the "Backup" folder on your iDisk presents these errors from occurring, but I haven't tested that myself. I just have iDisk syncing turned off on all my machines.

Thanks, Brian. Do you have any views on all those old database files on my iDisk? I imagine I can simply delete all those older than the current file, but I felt I ought to check with you.

Whoops! Sorry I failed to answer that before! Yes, you should be able to delete those - if they haven't been modified in months, it shouldn't be a problem.