The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

One day increments?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know how to get the Task View to show one day increments, in one week groups. But, when I make a task longer or shorter, it still counts the hours through the day in, I think, quarter day increments. Is there a way to get the sliders to jump in one day increments as well?

You'll need to bring up the Project : Information inspector and set the granularity to Daily Scheduling. After you do this, making a task longer or shorter should jump in one day increments.

I have "daily scheduling" selected in the project inspector, but when I type "2w" or "5w" for the duration of some tasks, they automatically convert to a duration of "2w 2h" or "5w 7h" (for example).

I have the normal work schedule defined as simply 8-5 M-F so I don't understand why it is adding some number of hours to the tasks.

Somehow this is related to the effort required. (I have a single resource for the entire schedule.)
If I type in the effort, then the duration is coming out correct.
If I try to type in the duration, the effort is increasing it.

Julia, I wonder if this isn't just a case of being tripped up by incorrect effort conversion factors. You say you have a schedule of 8-5, but you don't say whether that includes the lunch hour or not. If you have a single block for 8-5, that's 9 hours, not 8, and the effort conversion factor is likely still set to the default of 8 hours, which matches the default schedule of 8-12 + 1-5.

I wrote a post a while back that helped some readers cotton to the way this works. It's in this thread -- read it and see if that doesn't clear up the mystery. If it doesn't, I'll try again :-)

That was it - I never would have thought of that, but you're correct. I have an effort conversion factor of 8 hours per work day and a work day defined from 8-5 (inclusive).

Thanks for the quick reply.

Julia