The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > Kinkless Getting Things Done
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni and Kinkless Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was really glad to hear that the OmniGroup has been so supportive of KGTD. I noticed with the latest beta release KGTD made the release notes.

I would be curious to hear if anyone from the omnigroup uses KGTD. Are there any whispers of futher integration or collaboration between kinkless and omni?

I am amazed at how much Ethan has been able to accomplished by himself. The product is highly useful. Although the latest release is fantastic, I would love to see an agressive development of the program. I think this is great for apple and omni.

I use Kinkless GTD, yes. (In fact, I just added a task to my Kinkless inbox after reading another thread on this forum.)

I don't want to make any commitments about future product directions, but I do feel comfortable saying that we're definitely keeping Kinkless in mind as we plan new versions of OmniOutliner.

Ken,
I'm glad you are using it— this alone will keep it growing.

Ken

Good to hear it and looking forward to you guys working in the future... now I trust you're a Quicksilver user too, any ideas about working with Blacktree?

Would Omni please put a sticky post at the top of this topic to inform users that there is an active and useful forum over at Kinless GTD (see http://www.kinkless.com/kgtd/forum)

Thanks. A kGTD and Omni Graffle Pro / Omni Outliner Pro user

I'd like something less ambitious than the full GTD package:
  • a script to export selected items to iCal
  • a script to change all dates less than today's to today's
Those would make for much more useful OO to-do lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri
  • a script to export selected items to iCal
  • a script to change all dates less than today's to today's
Here are a couple very simplistic scripts to do those two things. You'll need to change the properties at the beginning to match the calendar name you want to export into in iCal, and the date column name in the outline you are using.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Selection to iCal ToDo.txt (627 Bytes, 311 views)
File Type: txt Update to Today.txt (326 Bytes, 340 views)

Greg wrote:
Quote:
Here are a couple very simplistic scripts to do those two things.
Thanks for the quick response! Alas, I have problems with both scripts.

The first (send selected items to iCal) gave me the error message in the attached image.

The second (update to today) works, but is not what I was asking for. I wanted a script that would search through a whole document, updating all past dates to today. (So if something was on my todo list for yesterday or the day before and I didn't do it, it would automatically update.) I realize this doesn't work for people who keep old dates, but for me, once I've done something, I either delete it, or at least delete its date. I'm only interested in dates greater than or equal to today.

If these are easy things to fix, the fix would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	343
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	9  

I've been using KGTD as well. I'm not sure how I got anything done before I read that book and started using Ethan's system. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Titus
Here are a couple very simplistic scripts to do those two things. You'll need to change the properties at the beginning to match the calendar name you want to export into in iCal, and the date column name in the outline you are using.
"Don't know much about" AppleScript, but I fixed the bug in the "Send Selected to iCal" script that Greg wrote, and now it works. Thanks again, Greg! I append this version in case other people have a use for this.

Still looking for a script to update all dates less than today's to today's!

--Henri

property calendar_name : "Imports"
property due_date_column_name : "Date"

tell application "OmniOutliner Professional"
tell document of front window
set due_date_index to index of column named due_date_column_name
set the_selection to selected rows
repeat with aRow in the_selection
set the_title to topic of aRow
set the_note to note of aRow
set the_date to value of cell due_date_index of aRow
tell application "iCal"
set the_to_do to make new todo at end of todos of calendar named calendar_name with properties {summary:the_title, description:the_note, due date:the_date}
end tell
end repeat
end tell
end tell