The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I restore my Database with "Add"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Faulty home button on ipod touch, exchanged it and now have a new one and need to restore the Omni Focus database. I saved the zip file per itunes and now when I put the zip file via "add", I still get a fresh database. Many thanks.

Are you using a Mac? If so, the easiest way to do this would be to download OmniFocus for the Mac, then open your iPod's database there and sync with your iPod. Email or call 800.315.OMNI, and we'll get you up and running again.

Thank you for the reply. No Mac here. I got an email as well stating to use webdav or omnifocus's server. I was so desperate last night that I ended up signing up for the free trial of MobileMe and restored it that way as my life is literally in OmniFocus.

So I'm thankful that I was able to at least backup the database file and restore it that way as my itunes ipod restore was corrupted when I got the new ipod touch, but surely there has to be a way to restore the database from within iTunes. Many thanks for the quick replies.

Marshal, the easiest way to do this all from within iTunes is to back up the old iPod before you have it replaced, then restore your new iPod from that same backup. That puts everything on the new device exactly the way the old one was set up...

Yes, my backup was corrupted so a no go there. And what about others that just need to restore their database for whatever reason and not the entire ipod? I hope there's a way of doing this if not now then in the near future.

Last edited by marshall_110; 2010-09-01 at 06:40 PM..

Definitely - situations like this are one of the reasons we're working on our own sync server. It gives mobile-only folks another place to back their data up. An additional benefit is that we can offer more assistance to someone when/if they have sync trouble because we can see what's going on server-side...