The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan 2.0, is this actually being worked on? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To save you the effort of looking up that blog post, here's what I said about OmniPlan:
First, a quick update on OmniPlan: we haven't really started on OmniPlan for iPad yet, because we're still busy building OmniPlan 2 for Mac. That's about to enter private beta; hopefully that process will give us a better sense of how close it is (and thus how soon we can start on the iPad app).
But before we start testing 2.0, we'd like feedback on our upcoming OmniPlan 1.7 release!
Integrated the latest version of mpxj from mpxj.sourceforge.net. Most notably this adds support for Microsoft Project 2010 MPP files, and improves compatibility with 2007 MSPDI and earlier formats.
To help us test OmniPlan 1.7, please visit the OmniPlan 1.7 sneaky peek page.

Thank you!

Hi guys,

Will you be offering a (free) upgrade path between omniplan 1.6/1.7 and 2.0 when you release it?

Cheers

Updates of our products - going from OmniPlan 1.6 to 1.7, for example - are free, but we generally charge for upgrades. (Going from 1.x to 2.0 would be an upgrade.)

If you happen to buy within the 30 days prior to a new major version coming out, Omni's 30 day return policy will give you a free upgrade, assuming the new major version is the same price as the old, and you act promptly.

And what are the news now?

OmniPlan 2.0 isn't ready for a public beta yet, but we're doing limited invitational usability testing. If you like living dangerously and would like to take part in the dialogue, you can request to be a part of it by sending mail including your forums username to omniplan@omnigroup.com.

I hope Aaron doesn't kill me for publicly inviting a flood of emails!

-Tom

Sent an email. I look forward to 2, hopefully will include some much needed features (droplines) and improvements (multi-project, OF integration, etc).

I just stumbled on OmniPlan 2.0 sneaky peeks at http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...ad/sneakypeek/

Quote:
Originally Posted by samj View Post
I just stumbled on OmniPlan 2.0 sneaky peeks at http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...ad/sneakypeek/
Indeed! That's where they are, but those builds won't work without a 2.0 license. The license will be made available once you've been officially granted access to it, which is, once again, by request to omniplan@omnigroup.com. At this point access is being limited by an arcane formula involving astrological signs and PayPal account balances, or so I'm told.

Ok, seriously, we are restricting access to avoid being overwhelmed by feedback and, anyway, this release may well kill your dog. It's not ready for a public beta.

-Tom

I prefer the Omniplan interface, but the lack of mulit-project support is about to force me to buy ConceptDraw project, which is not as clean and more expensive. Any sort of timeline for when OmniPlan 2.0 is coming? If it's going to be several months still, then I'll have to buy the other software to hobble thru in the meantime...