The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webkit version checking? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Where do I find out exactly what Webkit version OW is using?

It is usually in the release notes, but for 5.8 they only say that it is the same as the one used in Safari 3.1.

Yes it is in the release notes, just say the same as Safari 3.1 what ever that is.

Id be interested to know. I've been loading pages and refreshing in OW and iCab. Im stunned, on average practically every page in iCab loads on the count of 3, OW 10 or 11. Refresh in iCab 2 OW 8. If i disable JavaScript in OW and then it loads on par or perhaps a tad slower than iCab 4.2.5 beta 66.

Pages are also much faster in the latest WebKit nightlies, which is what I am using.

Last edited by Handycam; 2008-11-17 at 06:09 AM..

The WebKit nightlies do not correspond directly to the version of WebKit that OmniWeb uses. The nighlies are based on the trunk of the WebKit source, where the main development takes place. Safari has a special stability branch which only receives changes from the trunk once they're ready for release. OmniWeb 5.8 is based on the stability branch, and any revision that I give you would have no correspondence to a nightly of about the same place.

That said, the stability branch has certainly but updated since 5.8 for Safari 3.2.

Thanks for the clarification. Any idea when we will get parity with 3.2, and any chance that the newest (post-3.2 apparently) web inspector can get into OW?

As you use the stable branch, does this mean that we would have to wait until post Safari 4.0 to get the speedy new "SFX" changes? (as I assume Safari 4.0 will be the first release to get those changes).