The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

More mupromo.com problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are a couple of older threads regarding issues with this site, but the problem I'm having is a little different. Basically, I can log in to macupdate.com, but mupromo.com doesn't recognize the login. Trying to log in from mupromo.com tells me that I'm already logged in and I must logout before logging in again. Doing so results in the same thing: logged into macupdate.com but not recognized on mupromo.com. I've tried clearing cookies to no effect. The funny thing is that I don't have this issue in Safari or Camino, so it looks like it may be specific to OW. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Edit: I should mention that I'm using OW 5.9.2 sneakypeek 364 (though this issue has occurred with all the 5.9.2 builds I've used) and Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a Core2Duo MacBook Pro.

Last edited by robotank; 2009-03-23 at 02:25 PM..

It works well for me using the latest sneakypeek on 10.5.6 on a MBP.

Login into macupdate.com, open another tab and going to mupromo.com recognises me as logged in at mupromo.com

Try deleting your cookies for macupdate.com and mupromo.com and starting over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Try deleting your cookies for macupdate.com and mupromo.com and starting over.
Clearing cookies was one of the first things I tried, but it had no effect. If no one else is having this issue, then I must say I'm stumped as to what could be causing it. I emailed MacUpdate support and their advice was the same--clear cookies and start over. Maybe I'll try emptying the browser cache as well as cookies and see if that helps.

Edit: After trying a couple other things, I think I've found the solution. Changing site preferences for macupdate.com to allow cookies from other sites seems to have solved the issue. I guess it needs to set a cookie from mupromo.com when I log in to macupdate.com in order for the login to carry over to the different domain.

Last edited by robotank; 2009-03-24 at 03:04 PM..