The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to Word Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone

I have just purchased OmniOutliner and, in my initial research, I believed it was possible to export an outline to MS Word. However, this is not available in the Export options.

To provide some context, I am considering if it is worth drafting college assignments in OO and then exporting to Word at the end to add formatting.

Some guidance/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There is a plugin for extra export formats at:

http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnioutliner/extras/

but I don't think you should need that - File > Export > File Format includes Word 2007 (docx) on my system, which does export outline structure (visible in Word's View > Outline mode).

On the other hand, the output is 'manually' formatted, and doesn't respond to theme changes in Word. This is why I personally prefer to get a tab-indented Markdown text outline into the clipboard, and use this macro to generate a .docx outline which is accessible to global format changes with the MS Word Theme system.

For some reason, my export options do not include Word. I'll try the macro to see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply