The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there a way to have check boxes only on selected rows? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So far I only seem to be able to turn them all on or all off. It would be really nice to be able to skip some spaces between sections and have the check boxes off for those skipped spaces and only appear on items I want them on. My documents would look a lot more polished and professional, which would be very useful when I use them with clients.

Also there are times when I want to have a heading item (row 1) without a check box, and have checkboxes for all the subheadings (rows 2 & 3, for instance).

I am able to select rows for when to show handles or not, so I'm hoping that I can do the same with checkboxes and that I'm just overlooking something.

I will be thrilled if this is something that can be done. OO will be much more useful to me if I it is doable.

Last edited by MichaelG; 2008-05-30 at 10:34 AM..

You can select rows and then go to Edit -> Set Status -> None and it will hide the checkbox on the selected rows. This isn't a style property though so it can't be preset on anything.

Thank you Derek. I am very glad to see that option!

It would be nice to eventually have that option on the pallet somehow so it is a bit more readily available. I'm happy to have the option though.

A related question. When I want to do something to multiple rows in many programs you can use 'command' to non-contiguous select and perform an operation (like selecting no checkbox) for several lines at once. Command doesn't do this in OO. Is there another way to do non-contiguous select to accomplish multiple changes throughout a doc?

Thanks

You can actually use cmd-clicking to make a non-contiguous selection but you need to click on the handles or in the gutter space of the rows. If you click on the row text, it'll enter that cell instead of selecting it.

Thanks Derek. You have been nailing these questions one after another with little to no wait time. Tell your boss I suggested a raise :0).

Or at minimum you should have some good Karma coming at ya this weekend.

I appreciate the help. The little stuff can make all the difference.

Glad to be of help!