The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating actions sorted by start date upon completion - status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see this is a long-standing discussion about OmniFocus: completing a repeating action with a defined start date doesn't move it to the bottom of the project, so it's still the next action (if the project is sequential).

I read the O'Reilly blog about it, and a few other threads, but I don't know what's the current status (i.e. Omni's position) about this.

An easy solution, in my opinion, would be an option in the inspector that keeps a project sorted by start date.

[submitted as formal feedback]

I don't know if anyone is planning to make that change. I, personally, don't see much increased benefit. Especially, since to keep it sorted by due date or start date, wouldn't you have to enter every start date or every end date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
to keep it sorted by due date or start date, wouldn't you have to enter every start date or every end date?
That's exactly the point. I already have every start date entered. Also, actions with no date would get simply sorted on top, as they are now if you use the "Edit > Sort > By date of start" command.