The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating day-specific actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way to tie repeating actions to certain days of the week. iCal does this very simply and elegantly by allowing you to select day/month/year and then custom, where you can select the item to be displayed on only Tuesday and Thursday for example. As far as I can tell this is lacking in Omnifocus. It seems like it would be a simple thing to implement and be immensely helpful for me, in terms of conducting actions that are only applicable during the week without being bugged by them being overdue on the weekends.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillisRB View Post
I am wondering if there is any way to tie repeating actions to certain days of the week. iCal does this very simply and elegantly by allowing you to select day/month/year and then custom, where you can select the item to be displayed on only Tuesday and Thursday for example. As far as I can tell this is lacking in Omnifocus. It seems like it would be a simple thing to implement and be immensely helpful for me, in terms of conducting actions that are only applicable during the week without being bugged by them being overdue on the weekends.
OF doesn't do this yet. It's been much discussed on the forums. Use Help --> Send Feedback to have your requested added to the feature request database. While most things would be "simple" to implement, especially when someone else is doing the implementing, Omni uses number of requests as one of the factors in determining where to direct their finite resources.

Curt

While waiting for Omni to implement something, you can use the Defer script mentioned here. You'll still get your reminder Saturday morning, but you can reschedule it to Monday morning with ease.

Repeat every 1 weeks as of assigned date?

Alternatively, and this may not be perfectly "clean" (and don't most of us GTD freakheads like "clean"?), you could try the following:

Repeat every 1 weeks of completion date, and set up a dummy task and mark it completed as of a particular date of the week.