The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is there anything in the iPhone OS 4.0 SDK that will bring more features? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thread title say it all really.

Appart from background operation of apps will OF get any benefit?

Will the spell checker work in 3rd party apps? Or just core apple apps?

Discuss? Daydream? Request?

Thanks OF comrades!

From what I understand the biggest advantage will likely be the ability for third-party apps to finally trigger notifications/alarms without relying on a push notification server. This would allow OmniFocus to get rid of the current subscribed-calendar workaround and actually deliver native pop-up notifications directly from OmniFocus, whether it's running or not.

As for the spell-checker, I suspect it will work everywhere across the board as it currently does on the iPad.

Interesting! Thanks!

If our beloved todo app could give us alarm alerts when things needed to be done it would be really terrific! (I am too dumb to work out Growl)

v excited about this!

Great re all app spell checker!

Thanks